Nordic Conference on PhD Supervision (CoPhS)
In Karlstad, Sweden
September 30 to October 2, 2024
The conference is organized in one of the Nordic countries and held every second year.
The purpose of the conference is to offer an arena where participants are inspired, exchange experiences and thoughts regarding the supervision of PhD-students. Specifically, the aims of the conference are to:
– highlight and share experiences regarding the current development of PhD supervision.
– present and discuss new research on PhD supervision.
– jointly analyze background, present situation and the future of PhD supervision, in order to promote and strengthen postgraduate education.
– intercept and spread the ongoing conversation within PhD supervision.
The conference begins with a visit to the Lerin museum, exclusively for conference participants. The conference is then held in the premises of Karlstad University, about 10min bus trip from downtown. Conference dinner will be served downtown, lunch and coffee at the University.
- PhD supervisors with different experiences of supervision,
- Trainers of PhD supervision
- Researchers who are conducting or would like to conduct research that contributes to improving PhD supervision in the Nordic region,
- Research leaders with extensive experience in doctoral supervision,
- Decision makers / policy makers / operational managers / educational leaders (directors of studies, faculty management, research education committee) for research education.
We welcome a wide range of contributions to the conference, such as explorative, quantitative, qualitative, empirical, and theoretical studies, as well as best practice. The scientific committee will categorize the accepted contributions thematically. For details go to Contributions.