The Swedish IT-Security Network for PhD students (SWITS) was created in 2001 with the purpose
· To enhance cooperation between Swedish PhD candidates and research labs
· To identify PhD courseware usable on national level and make these available to participating departments
· To identify existing PhD courses at Swedish Universities/ University Colleges and make them available for all students within the network
· To participate in the organization of compact IT security courses or summer schools for PhD students at international level and open them for all students of the network
· To share outside/expert lecturers
Main activities are the annual 2-days SWITS seminars are held each spring in which:
· Supervisors give an overview to their research areas
· Ph.D. students have the possibility to present their research work, to get feedback and inspirations from other students and supervisors
· Research methodologies in IT security are discussed
· Introductory tutorials and invited talks are given
In addition, PhD courses are offered by the partner organisations.
A SWITS email distribution list (email@example.com), on which more than 200 network participants are currently subscribed, is used to distribute information about the SWITS seminars, IT security PhD courses, summer schools, courseware and IT security conferences/events.